Full Name: Hypatia of Alexandria
Hometown: Alexandria, Egypt
Fave Subjects: Minds and Bodies, The Universe, Math and Logic
- one of the first female philosophers and mathematicians
- invented one of the first astrolabes
- had her own school of philosophy
- librarian at the Library at Alexandria
- dressed like the male philosophers of her time, and owned her own chariot
- has a crater on the moon named after her
How do the moon, stars, and the whole universe work together?
Want to know even more about Hypatia and her astronomical ideas? Read about her in our ThinkAboutIt series!