Full Name: Augustine Aurelius
Born: 354 AD
Died: 430 AD
Hometown: Thagaste, Numidia
Fave Subjects: Reality, Minds and Bodies, Right and Wrong, Freedom, Knowledge
- named Bishop of Milan, and later, Hippo
- patron saint of brewers, printers, theologians, and people with eye problems
- wrote over fifty works on philosophy and theology
- creative a new approach to medieval philosophy that included lots of different viewpoints
- his mother was named a saint too, because she raised him so well
Where does evil come from?
Got a little thinker with aspirations like Augustine? Introduce them to lots of great minds with our ThinkAboutIt series!